Philip A. Helgeson
Phone (715) 262-5551
Fax (715) 262-5531
Areas of practice
- Real estate law
- Family law
- Estate planning/probate
- Criminal and traffic defense
- Municipal law
- Civil litigation
- Wisconsin, 2004
- Minnesota, 2014
- U.S. District Court Western District of Wisconsin, 2008
- Nevada, 2005
- University of St. Thomas School of Law, Minnesota, J.D. 2004
- University of Minnesota, B.S. Computer Science, 2001
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Prescott Chamber of Commerce, Board Member, Past President
- Prescott Kiwanis Club, Board Member, Past President
- Joy Lutheran Church Past Council Member and Past President
- Pierce County Courthouse Security and Facilities Committee, Member
- Wisconsin Bar Association, Twice Nominated for Young Lawyer's Division Outstanding Young Lawyer
- St. Croix County Bar Association
- Pierce County Free Legal Clinic, Organizer
- Wisconsin Foreclosure Mediation Network, Regional Administrator and Mediator
- Prescott Daze Committee
- Prescott Foundation, Board Member
- Appointed by courts in Pierce, St. Croix and Barron counties to be a mediator.
- Appointed by City of Prescott as a municipal prosecutor and municipal attorney for the City.
- Several jury trials that resulted in not guilty verdicts for First Degree Child Sexual Assault, Incest, Child Enticement, OWI-3 rd offense, Carrying a concealed weapon, and Possession of methamphetamine.
- Various wins including a dismissal by the court after presentment of evidence, granting of a suppression of evidence motion, vacating a sex offender registration and granting of an additional year of sentence credit.